Our prestigious client within food manufacturing based local to Bridlington, Yorkshire are seeking a motivated and driven Production Shift Manager to join the team. You will be fully responsible for all operational and production activities on shift, ensuring that overall production goals are met within a safe and harmonious working environment. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday 2pm to 10pm however due to the nature of the role, some flexibility is required
Duties of the Production Shift Manager:
• Responsible for managing all aspects of your shift/area from delivering the required quality product, complying with food safety regulations both internal and external, shift performance and reporting, satisfying other customer requirements to creating and promoting a proactive H&S, GMP, Food Safety and Manufacturing culture
• Liaise with the Production Manager, Site General Manager and HR to identify the correct levels of resources and manage the operation within these agreed parameters.
• To ensure planned outputs are achieved precisely, economically and to the predetermined quality standards in conjunction with operational management agreed KPI's
• Ensure standard line and product checks are routinely carried out.
• Develop the manufacturing process through delivery of cost savings, efficiency, quality, GMP improvements.
• Ensure that all relevant paperwork is 100% completed
• Liaise with engineering over any appropriate engineering issues and determine priorities across multiple production lines.
• Effectively harness, motivate and develop your team, identify specific training plans/needs for staff.
• Discuss and resolve staffing issues and work closely with HR
• Ensure that all team members pursue safe working practices and all accident and reporting procedures.
• Ensure you promote a culture of high hygiene and food safety standards
Experience required for the Production Shift Manager:
• Previous experience as a Production Supervisor/ Production Shift Manager within a food manufacturing environment is essential
• You will have a working knowledge of GMP and HACCP
• Relevant food and health and safety qualifications e.g. IOSH
• Excellent communication and people skills
• You will have your own transport due to the location of the site local to Bridlington, Yorkshire
In return for your hard work:
• As a Production Shift Manager, you will be paid a very competitive starting salary of £30-£35k per annum depending on experience
• You will work a day shift, Monday to Friday
• You will be part of an exciting and rapidly growing business with plenty of progression opportunities for the future
• Free on site parking
• Ideally looking for a candidate on a short or no notice period however this is not essential
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional, Norwich office. Please note the position is based in Bridlington, Yorkshire.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your