This Permanent role is based in Stevenage, working for a well-established family run business, working hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.15pm with 1 hour for lunch
Duties of the Senior QA Assistant:
• Complete customer questionnaires and specifications
• Respond to customer enquiries via email and/or telephone, by asking Managing Director/QA Manager/Supplier or by referring to product records.
• Liaising with other departments as necessary i.e. warehouse, samples, enquiries, sales, purchasing
• Obtain up-to-date product and company information (including IFS, BRC, ISO 9001, HACCP, Halal and Kosher documentation / certification) from suppliers
• Able to prepare/carry out audits including Kosher, Halal, Soil Association and BRCGS
• File electronic and hard copies of up-to-date product and company information from suppliers (including IFS, BRC, ISO 9001, HACCP, Halal and Kosher certification / documentation)
• Issue Supplier Audit Questionnaire for completion to suppliers, as necessary
• To deal with complaints
• Supporting QA Manager to maintain BRCGC quality standard
• Other ad-hoc QA tasks as required by the QA Manager
Requirements of the Senior QA Assistant:
• You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a QA department (preferably within the food industry)
• You will have good communication skills, both written and verbal
• You will be well organised with the ability to plan workload to achieve deadlines
• You will have good knowledge of Word and Excel
In return for your hard work you will:
• Be paid a competitive salary (£23-27k DOE)
• 21 days holiday per year plus bank holidays - rising over time up to a maximum of 26 days
• Additional time off over Christmas as the company closes between Christmas and New Year
• Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.15pm with 1 hour for lunch
• Flexibility to leave early at 4.45pm daily by taking 30 minutes lunch
If you are based in the Stevenage area and have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Samantha at Gap Professional. Please note the position is based in Stevenage.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your