Our client within the food manufacturing sector based local to Preston, Hull are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Coordinator to support the business. You will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance, implementation and development of Health and Safety systems and processes. The role will require you to work Monday to Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm.
The Duties of the Health and Safety Coordinator:
• Carry out workplace H&S Assessments ensuring that they are carried out in line with legislation and updated and reviewed when necessary.
• Organise and assist in the reviewing of risk assessments after accidents/incidents.
• Deliver in-house training and inductions ensuring all relevant areas of H&S are conveyed via an appropriate medium i.e. language, handbooks, presentation etc.
• Conduct a full and thorough investigation of accidents that occur on site.
• Assist in carrying out internal H&S audits and inspections.
• Proactively promote awareness of H&S issues throughout the site.
• Implement the Company's Quality, H&S and Environmental policies.
• Improve processes and practices
• Ensure that all statutory (industry guidelines), legal, food safety & customer requirements are met
• Ensure adherence to all standards and processes relating to CCP monitoring, glass, complaints, label verifications and other paperwork in your area
• Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation, internal company policies and procedures, codes of practice, technical specifications, COSHH regulations and developments in H.A.C.C.P systems relevant to the department
Experience required for the Health and Safety Coordinator:
• Experience in a similar H&S role, with working knowledge of Risk Assessments and COSHH assessments
• Relevant Health and Safety qualification E.G NEBOSH or IOSH
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Packages, e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
• Excellent communicator with an ability to liaise with all stakeholders and colleagues.
In return for your hard work:
• As a Health and Safety Coordinator, you will receive a competitive salary of £20-£26k depending on experience
• You will have the opportunity to attend additional training to assist you in your role and further your knowledge/development
• You will be joining an expanding business with fantastic progression opportunities
• Excellent location based in Preston, Hull.
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional Norwich. This position is based in Preston, Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your