We are currently seeking a hands on HR Coordinator to join a successful industrial/retail business based in Southend, Essex. The role is focused on bringing support to the organisation and its employees, ensuring the HR function works seamlessly with the rest of the business and in accordance with legal guidelines and best practice to help support and develop its diverse workforce. With integrity and focus on the delivery of effective HR activities, the job holder is the go-to person for day to day assistance.
Duties of the HR Coordinator to include:
• Administration: Full manual and computerised administration for the HR function & employee life cycle including; processing starters and leavers; coordinating employee attendance; monitoring and processing annual leave & other absence; employee communication (letters/memos); maintain personnel records; and issuing contracts of employment including variations to contracts
• Employment Advice: Provide guidance to managers at all levels on employee employment matters ensuring advice is given within legal boundaries, including best practice and internal policies; ensuring that such is maintained consistently throughout the business
• Employee Relations: Drive, conduct and support managers with Employee relation matters including; disciplinary, dismissal and complaint/grievance investigations; attendance and support at meetings; and producing the related correspondence
• Payroll: Provide timely and accurate data; provide support to the function; and to undertake the weekly payrolls in the absence of the Administrator
• Absence Management: Manage short & long term sickness absence alongside each departmental and senior manager by providing guidance on Fit for Works, return to works, etc.
• Work and Families: Manage Maternity, Paternity, Parental leave and other family friendly policies; ensuring employees and managers alike are informed of their rights and responsibilities
• Recruitment & Training: Liaise with senior managers regarding external vacancies and agency worker requirements, including day 1 Agency worker orientations, Liaise with senior managers regarding internal vacancies including any promotions or transfers, Manage the induction process including delivering training
• Health and safety: Support the Health & Safety Manager, assist with induction training, policies and medical assessments
• Experience at HR Administrator / HR Coordinator level
• Experience of handling HR matters within either an industrial/ FMCG business or retail business would be beneficial
• Strong IT skills including all of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
• A professional manner and discreet nature
• A passion for delivering a strong HR service to the wider business
• Experience of administering payroll and inductions to staff would be beneficial
• Local to Southend, Essex where this role will be based
In return for your hard work:
• You will be paid a generous basic salary of up to £25k depending on experience
• You will gain valuable experience in a 12 month Fixed Term Contract within a tight-knit and friendly business which supports personal development
• You will work sociable hours of Monday - Thursday 8.30-5.30 (1 hour lunch break) and Friday 8.30-5pm (30 min lunch break).
If you are a HR Coordinator seeking a 12 month FTC and have the experience outlined above please apply now - this is a great opportunity and won't be around for long! For any questions, please contact Samantha Murray at gap professional. Please note this position is based in Southend, Essex.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your