Our close knit legal client based in The Shambles, York are seeking an experienced Legal Cashier to join the team. You will be responsible for carrying out the firm's financial administration and to work closely with the Practice Manager. This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday and flexible working hours are available.
Duties of the Legal Cashier include:
• Daily postings
• Sending chaps, bacs FP
• Printing/signing cheques
• Daily Client to Office transfers
• Deal with fee earner queries regarding accounts
• Weekly Bank reconciliations
• Checking land registry and search company statements
• VAT returns
• Month end procedures
• Working with the accountant, supplying regular accounts info and helping with the annual accounts/audit
• Provide sickness/holiday cover to Practice Manager for day to day duties excluding HR
Skills required for the Legal Cashier include:
• You will have previous Legal Cashier experience
• Competent computer skills with experience using accounting software and Microsoft Excel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
In return for your hard work:
• As a Legal Cashier, you will be paid a competitive salary of £24-£28k depending on experience
• Excellent and quaint working environment in The Shambles, York
• Flexible working hours
• Great transport links
If you have the experience required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany at gap professional, Norwich. Please note the position is based in The Shambles,York.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your