Gap professional are representing a thriving critical hygiene business, who are seeking a responsible and autonomous Multi Skilled Engineer with an electrical bias or 50/50 split to join their growing team based in South End, Essex.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager on days and Production Manager on nights, you will take responsibility for providing both proactive and reactive maintenance duties within this fast paced and booming FMCG business. This is a critical role within the engineering department and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate technical knowledge and ability as they are solely responsible whilst on night shift.
The role will require you to work the fortnightly rotating shift as follows:
Week 1 (nights): Sunday to Thursday, 10pm- 7am
Week 2 (days): Monday to Friday, 8:30am- 5:30pm
Duties of the Multi Skilled Engineer (50/50 or Electrical Bias):
• Carry out daily plant inspections
• Facilitate a speedy response to all plant stoppages and plan/implement modifications to new and existing equipment
• Carry out fault finding diagnosis/repairs on equipment and plant
• Monitor site performance
• Ensure PPM schedules are maintained in accordance with the current requirements
• Continuous Improvement - identify new methods and procedures
• Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out
• Carry out root causes of failures and of spares
• Comply with current health and safety requirements and company PPE policy.
Experience required for the Multi Skilled Engineer (50/50 or Electrical Bias):
• Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Engineer with a 50/50 split or electrical bias
• Relevant electrical and mechanical qualifications, e.g. City and Guilds, HND, 17th Edition, etc.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment is essential
• Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills
• You will be flexible as the role will require you to work days and nights
• Due to the nature and demands of the role, your own transport would be advantageous.
In return for your hard work:
• Competitive basic salary of £40-45k depending on experience
• This is a great development opportunity as the business is growing and the engineering department is thriving
• You will be joining a market leading and stable FMCG business who have remained strong during the current pandemic
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Subsidized canteen onsite
• Free secure parking
If you have the experience required, please apply now, this is a fantastic opportunity and will not be around for long. For further questions please contact Bethany of gap professional, Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based local to South End, Essex.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your