Gap professional are working with a market leading farming business who due to substantial growth, are looking for a Pig Stockperson to join one of their outdoor breeding units in the Breckland area. You will be responsible for providing specialist support on the breeding unit and ensuring the welfare of the animals is always a priority. The role will require you to work Monday- Friday (45 hours total) and every other Saturday. Due to the remote location of the site, your own transport is essential.
Duties of the Pig Stockperson:
• You will work in a team of Pig Stockpersons ensuring the wellbeing of the pigs
• You will be actively involved with all areas of the pig breeding or rearing cycle
• Bedding up the pigs
• Following specialized feeding regimes and working to schedules
• Maintain the condition and appearance of the farming unit
Experience required for the Pig Stockperson:
• Previous experience working with livestock (ideally pigs) is essential
• You will have an excellent work ethic and work well within a team
• You will be health and safety/animal welfare conscious
• As the unit is situated in the Breckland area in Norfolk you must have your own transport
Hours/Salary of the Pig Stockperson:
• As a Pig Stockperson you will be rewarded a competitive salary of £18-22k depending on experience with the opportunity to earn overtime at an enhanced rate
• You will work 45 hours spread across Monday to Friday and every other weekend (2 in 4).
• You will be joining an award-winning farming business with excellent training opportunities and career progression
If you have the skills required, please apply now. For any questions, please contact Bethany of gap personnel, Norwich. Please note this opportunity is based in the Breckland Area in Norfolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your