15-18 Months Fixed Term Contract
Our client is the UKs largest agricultural, construction and ground care machinery dealership, turning over £130M per annum from 18 locations across East Anglia and the South East.
Gap Professional are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer to cover maternity leave on a fixed term contract 15 to 18 months, and are looking for someone who is passionate, highly organised and capable of working in a demanding and challenging industry as a standalone Payroll Officer. This position is based at the head office near Maldon, Essex.
This is a stand-alone role, so the successful candidate must have experience of the full payroll cycle, end to end and worked within an in-house environment.
Role Purpose for this Payroll Officer Position include:
Reporting directly to the HR Manager, your role will be to produce, process, administer and report the company payroll in an accurate and timely manner. You will also work with the HR Manager in delivering an excellent service to Directors, Managers and employees in all payroll and benefits related queries.
Essential Skills/Experience/Requirements for this Payroll Position include:
• Full understanding of the payroll process from start to finish with familiarity of current tax, NIC, SSP and family leave rates and application including RTI submissions to HMRC
• Processing the monthly payroll efficiently, accurately and on time with end to end controls
• Accurate reconciliation of payroll outputs including preparation of journals to the general ledger and delivering third party payments within relevant timescales
• A working knowledge of auto enrolment and defined contribution pension schemes
• A working knowledge of AOE's, month end, year-end, PSA and P11D processes
• Familiar with time and attendance systems and processing hourly (via real time) paid with controls
• New Starter, Leaver & pay change calculations
• Various monthly inputs of bonuses, commission, guarantees, advances, overtime, basic hour adjustments, allowances, fuel deductions, loan deductions, company sick pay, statutory payments
• Submission of P46 Car details
• Pension calculations, submissions and reporting
• Superior working knowledge of Excel as high proportion of Management Information reporting through spreadsheets including data manipulation and analysis (vlookups)
• Managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Overseeing the time and attendance system and advising administrators and employees on their queries
• Attention to detail is paramount in all aspects of data capture as information may be used in HR related cases
• Assist in employee related matters and escalate accordingly
• Technical understanding of payroll through systems with the ability to interrogate data efficiently
• Ability to challenge processes for improved efficiency and keep department up to date with legislative changes
The hours are 39hrs per week - 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) or 8am to 4.30pm with 30 Min unpaid lunch). Due to the location you will need your own transport.
• Very Competitive Salary
• Full Training and Support from the HR Manager
• 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday)
• Company Sick Pay Scheme (after 6 Months0
• Workplace pension,
• Childcare vouchers,
• Staff Discount in Country Stores
• Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
Due to the location you will need to have your own transport.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your