Gap Professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are looking for a 1st Call - Technical Customer Service Advisor.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am-17.30pm
Reporting directly to the Technical Customer Services Assistant Manager. The purpose of this role is to take all entry customer and retailer calls of a technical nature and provide them with the correct technical advice and to transfer more complex enquiries to the Technical Engineer team. This role requires the skills ot resolve customer's issues in a swift, successful and diplomatic manner regardless of the circumstances.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- To resolve technical issues relating to any of the brands raised by our retailers, end users and members of the public.
- To handle calls, faxes and email enquiries and issues covering all aspects of installation, building regulations, operations and safety on any of our products.
- To be an ambassador for increasing our customers' satisfaction with our products and service.
- Filter and monitor the accuracy of all complaint data entry.
- To be at all times smart and courteous whilst carrying out this important task in a professional manner.
- To carry out fault finding analysis over the phone with retailers and end users on any of the associated brand products in our portfolio and offer appropriate advice to resolve the issue.
- To document and report on all calls and problems identified and to log onto the company CRM system.
- To ensure that any information provided is accurate, appropriate and in accordance with all the relevant regulations for installation and use.
- Excellent verbal communication skills over the telephone, written communication through either e-mail or letter.
- Proactive approach to keeping records and reports up to date.
- Diplomatic nature to ensure company policy is followed and customers are left satisfied.
- Possess a flair for developing and maintaining good client relations.
- Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask effectively.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and ability to grasp large amounts of product information.
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings, and effectively communicate them to customers.
- Ability to accurately input data and maintain attention to detail, even when under pressure.
- Ability to react to unforeseen situations and proactively suggest and facilitate those solutions.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service assistance.
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
- Flexi Time
- Staff recommendation scheme
Closing Date: 14th February 2020
Gap Professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.