Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for an Assembly & Test Technician - Mechanical - Aerospace
Job Type: 12-Month FTC
Hours of work: 7.30am - 4.00pm Monday - Friday
Are you an Apprenticeship-trained Mechanical Assembly & Test Technician, working in a precision environment or an experienced Aircraft Fitter, seeking an opportunity to join an innovative manufacturer with an exceptional reputation & internal culture?
Are you readily able to read & interpret Engineering drawings, with experience of utilising a range of hand tools & measuring equipment to ensure parts meet stringent quality standards?
Do you take pride in what you do and seek an employer that recognises and rewards this? Do you want to work in a state of the art facility, with colleagues who are welcoming and supportive?
If so, the role of Assembly & Test Technician for this global leader, could prove exactly the opportunity you seek.
Initially offered on a 12-month, fixed-term basis, this position offers considerable opportunity for extension or a permanent position thereafter.
- As one of the experts in your area, you'll perform precision assembly of Valves, Manifolds and/or Actuators.
- This is a crucial area of the organisation and customers expect the very best, which means the company look for the same dedication in the team members they bring on board.
- This is a technical role where precision and innovation play a key part of daily life.
- You'll work from engineering drawings, complete quality audits and take responsibility for various aspects of the A&T process including cleaning, strip, assembly and flow matching.
- You'll regularly use a range of hand tools, gauges and measuring equipment working to stringent quality standards and so you'll take pride in your work and be respected for it.
- You'll be involved in diagnostics and so the ability to problem solve will be imperative.
- The company are highly aware of important Technicians are to their business and so offer the opportunity for development of your skills and progression.
Education and experience:
- Apprentice trained in Mechanical Engineering (Essential)
- Some experience of Assembly and Test within the Aerospace or related industry
- Experience of high precision assembly and self-certification
- Understanding of basic hydraulic and electrical /electronic schematic drawings
- Ability to perform strip examinations and write in depth failure reports, under engineering instruction
If you're up for the challenge of playing a major role in helping this amazing company continue its history of success, and want to have a wide scope of accountabilities then please apply today!
Closing date is 7th September 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.