Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a Buildings Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 37.5hours
The successful candidate must be proactive, organised, approachable and trustworthy. This is a full time role which will be primarily based in Devizes. A works van will be provided so a clean driving licence is required.
- Be responsible for identifying maintenance requirements and assisting with the creation of a maintenance plan
- Be 'hands on' and undertake some redecoration work and repairs
- Prepare work schedules for approval by the Management Board
- Organise and oversee larger projects (which will involve liaising with the Management Board, tradesmen, landlords, office managers the IT department and others)
- Be responsible for monitoring and responding in a timely manner to maintenance requests from staff
- Be willing to assist in the fitting out of offices and changes to office layouts to ensure we are optimising our use of the available space
- Manage electricians and heating engineers to ensure systems are fully operational and compliant with relevant safety standards
PERSON SPECIFICATION - The following personal attributes would be an asset:
- Trade skill (desirable)
- Working in a similar role
- Related experience (essential)
- Supervisory experience (Overseeing projects, manage electricals, engineers)
- Valid Full UK Driving license (essential)
- Basic Computing skills
- Great Communication
The successful candidate will need proven relevant experience.
Closing date is 16th October 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.