Are you an experienced Demand/Production Planner with experience within a Manufacturing environment? Are you looking for a new opportunity?
Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of our client who are a leading Aerospace Company located in the Kingsbury location. They currently have a new and exciting permanent opportunity to join their growing team.
- Responsible for the analysis and presentation of the forward tactical and strategic demand plan, the proposed supply response and the supporting analysis of benefits, constraints and opportunities to optimise.
- Act as focal point for the collation, manipulation and analysis of the business forecast and strategic plans - converting value into volume for the modelling of the supply chain delivery to demand.
- Responsibility for the creation and management of the weekly production plan in conjunction with the Operations Manager/Supply Chain Manager, to ensure prioritization of customer orders and optimisation of stock.
- Support effective inventory management by reviewing min, max, safety and optimum stock levels on a monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain effective planning and forecasting relationships with internal and group customers.
- To minimise slow moving and obsolescent stock through rigorous adherence to stock control, production planning, product introduction/deletion procedures and policies
- Monitor the daily progress of WIP against the production plan advising the Operation manager of any gaps.
- Ensure all data is accurate and updated through regular audits of the system, including realignment processes, move and queue times
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment, using integrated ERP systems - SAP Planning experience is essential
* Ability to work in a structured manner with excellent communication skills and a flair for negotiation. A good team player with the confidence to challenge the norm and lead when the situation requires.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with both immediate team members and other teams
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to take data from various locations inside and outside of SAP to produce reports and plans to communicate to management the current and future state of the business and highlight any risks in a timely and proactive manner.
- Ideally degree educated in Business, Commerce or an engineering discipline
- Experience within a demand/production planning role in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, Excel, database management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with cross functional teams
- Experience of working within the global aerospace market would be a distinct advantage
- Desirable: Experience of using Nesting Software - Sigma Nest and Pro Nest
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for please apply today.
Closing date is 16th February 2020.
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future