On behalf of an industry-leading international manufacturer with an exceptional reputation, we are seeking an experienced Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Engineer. As a Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance of both the facilities and shop floor machinery, as well as monitoring and controlling the security of the site.
Please note that our client stipulates holding the IET 18th Edition as essential
Hours of work: Mon-Thurs 7.00 to 4.00 with 30 min break and Friday 7.00 to 12.00 (Overtime payable at premium rate thereafter)
To take responsibility for maintaining and improving the condition of the factory, equipment, buildings and services through preventative maintenance and other appropriate procedures.
Performing, organising and recording various statutory and safety checks - to agreed schedules. Maintaining the security of site and ensuring current Health and Safety regulations are met.
Working at height will be required.
- Complete plant and equipment repairs & installations; responding to breakdowns
- Carry out preventative maintenance procedures
- Co-ordinate the PAT testing of all equipment
- Maintain and repair buildings, fixtures and fittings, including air conditioning, heating and water systems
- Monitor and control factory security & the safety of contractors on site
- Obtain quotes and complete relevant documentation for disposal of liquid & dry waste, including controlled waste
- Complete Daily safety checks of compressors and air receivers including regular servicing
- Conduct fire alarm, generator, emergency lighting & other scheduled checks as required
- Prepare lifting plant and equipment for insurance inspection under LOLA regulations
- Maintain stocks of spares, consumables and lubricants
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Sought:
- Proven recent experience in a similarly varied position, within a manufacturing environment (essential)
- Strong problem solving & communication skills (essential)
- IET 18th Edition (essential)
- Formal training in all safety and regulatory activities associated with this nature of position (essential)
- Full Driving Licence (essential)
- Forklift license (desirable)
- PAT Testing Qualification (desirable)
- IOSH Accreditation (desirable)
- Basic Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Overtime payable at premium rate
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance