Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit a EV Chargehand/Team Leader on a full time, permanent basis. The role of the EV Chargehand/Team Leader is to support the EV Supervisor and the EV Team, ensuring the EV department is running efficiently with regards to quality, Yield, legal compliance including the day to day completion of administration, attendance, training, performance and the maximising of edible offal harvesting. Being the chargehand for the area, you will assist the Supervisor with setting the team out daily and ensuring that the resources are in place for the line to run and the relevant safety and quality checks are being carried out.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 5:30am-2:30pm
- Competitive Salary
- Ensuring the hygiene & GMP of the EV area.
- Ensure & manage the timings of breaks to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency.
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions & take action as required including any SIC's.
- To lead by example with your team, working in a safe manner and promoting all company policies including Health and Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene.
- Ensure that any incidents/accidents are dealt with in the correct manner to cover legal obligations and to promote a culture of Safety within the team.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Working in line with culture of continuous improvement - report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Department supervisor including improvements & solutions.
- Ensure the team work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within your area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Management team in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of line/area operations, in particular the achievement of line/area targets, employee attitudes and product quality & attend production & engineering meetings / forums as required in the absence of the supervisor.
- To carry out a reasonable amount of overtime or to work outside core hours to meet orders and demand of the business.
- Demonstrating the competent application of good manufacturing practices required to consistently operate to high standards of food quality and food safety.
- Complying with Company hygiene policies and procedures when undertaking operations while maintaining high standards of personal hygiene including the correct wearing of all PPE.
- Ensure that the attendance registers are completed at the beginning of shift to understand your manning position & scanned by 08:00 each day.
- To control and provide effective organisation of the labour allocated to your line.
- Ensure operatives are trained to line requirements with adequate absence and holiday cover.
- To liaise with all departments promoting teamwork.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Self- motivated and ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Mechanically Minded
- Aware and understand the importance of Health and Safety, Hygiene and animal welfare regulations
- Good knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Numerate and Literate
- Ability to cope with routine work & FMCG environment
- Previous experience of working in FMCG environment
- Food Hygiene Qualification
- Experience of leading a team
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.