Our client based in Deeside is looking to recruit a Finance and Logistics Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. Working on a food manufacturing site, reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for a variety of operational and all finance tasks, which will ensure the accuracy and integrity of the company's accounting records and financial systems. This will include the stock system and the MRP system.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 9am-5pm
- £30k-£40k per annum
Finance & Accounts
- To keep the accounting system up to date and accurate at all times
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and supporting reports on a timely basis
- Maintain the books of account on a daily basis. This will include the following:-
- Maintenance of the Purchase ledger (inputting supplier invoices and credit notes and making payments to suppliers as required)
- Maintenance of the Sales ledger (raising and inputting customer invoices and managing credit control)
- Processing staff expense claims
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Maintenance of petty cash
- Operate the monthly payroll system ensuring that all staff are paid on or by the due date
- Assist the Operations Director with the preparation of budgets, forecasts and monthly project reporting, as required.
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT returns within the legally required timescales
- Manage the Bank Reconciliations on a regular basis
- Assist the Operations Director with any ad hoc projects
Stock Control & Logistics
- To operate the stock management system ensuring the system is accurate and up to date at all times.
- To assist with the purchasing of material stocks and liaise with suppliers to ensure the timely procurement of all goods inward.
- To assist with the planning and maintenance of production schedules and running the MPS and MRP processes as required.
- To process work orders in a timely fashion.
- To manage all deliveries and shipments of completed sales orders throughout the UK and abroad, liaising with customer supply teams.
- As a key member of the team to contribute to the development of systems and efficiencies to assist the overall advancement of the company.
- Provide administration support to the Management Team.
- Qualified financial accountant (CIMA).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills are required, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and previous use of accounting packages (SAGE Line 50 or similar) and SAGE manufacturing.
- Well organised, with good administrative skills and the ability to work under their own initiative.
- To have excellent people skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Flexible, can do attitude, enthusiastic and friendly.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.