Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, a reputable based company who are looking for a Finance Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08.30am-1715pm
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
You will be responsible for the bookkeeping and accounting support for a small number of limited companies in the retail and property sectors.
- Work together with your fellow Finance Assistant to ensure all finance functions and accounting records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner, these include but are not limited to:
- Undertake all prime entry bookkeeping tasks ensuring all income and costs have been appropriately approved, recorded accurately and VAT where applicable is correctly treated.
- Prepare regular reconciliations not limited to the bank accounts, customer payment systems and the production order loan facility.
- Management of the sales ledger, sales invoicing system and accounts receivable processing.
- Undertake credit control as required.
- Management of the purchase ledger, purchase invoice, company credit card and expense claim processing.
- Create all payments runs whether weekly or adhoc.
- Prepare the weekly dashboard for senior management advising the current position with regard to cash availability, debtors and creditors with a recommendation for suppliers to be paid on the weekly payment run.
- Maintain all fixed asset registers, ledgers and control accounts accurately.
- Prepare management accounts to trial balance and assist with the preparation of the statutory accounts with supporting year end audit files where required for internal and external review.
- Assist with the preparation of CIS, EC Sales and VAT returns ensuring these are submitted on time.
- Undertake project work as required
- Report to the Team Leader and Business Development Supervisor
- Is AAT qualified or qualified by experience with at least five years of relevant experience within practice or industry
· Has experience of VAT, with knowledge of EC sales and CIS being an advantage
· Can proactively prioritise their own work as this role deals with a high volume of information
· Has integrity, discretion and the ability to deal with confidential information
· Has excellent administration and communication skills (both written and verbal with attention to detail)
· Is tactful, diplomatic and approachable, with the ability to deal assertively with a wide range of people
· Has excellent IT skills, a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using Sage and Xero accounting software would be advantageous
· Is flexible and willing to learn
- Enjoys working on their own or as part of a wider team, being a team player is key
- An attractive salary commensurate with experience
· 8% employer pension contribution
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Individual BUPA cover
· Life insurance 4 x gross salary
· Payment of your annual professional qualification membership subscription
· Our commitment to provide you with ongoing CPD to enhance your personal knowledge, skills and experience
- Car parking
Closing date is 28th February 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future