On behalf of a cutting-edge, innovative manufacturer, we are seeking a pro-active Financial Controller, who is accustomed to forming part of the senior leadership team, with full responsibility for the accounting functions of a complex manufacturing site.
The nature of our client's business, product and customer base requires the successful candidate to have experience of both UK and US accounting principles (GAAP), as well as SOX compliance requirements.
With a corporate upward reporting line and responsibility for 4 direct reports, the successful candidate will have at least 5 years post-qualification experience, that includes internal audit and stock inventory within a manufacturing environment, as well as exceptional communication and leadership skills.
In return, our client offers an exciting and challenging opportunity that will provide the successful candidate with a competitive remuneration package and various development prospects.
This is an urgent requirement for our client, so to accommodate the current situation, interviews will be held via Skype (week commencing 13th April) with the role being initially based from home.
The purpose of this role is to manage the day to day activities of the accounting functions within the site to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are produced on time.
As Financial Controller, you will report directly to the Plant Manager and be responsible for ensuring appropriate financial controls are applied throughout the business, together with providing exceptional commercial support to key stakeholders. You will understand the environmental and OH&S responsibilities of the role and recognise the importance of environmental and OH&S goals and targets, ensuring these are fulfilled in accordance with company policies
In applying, it is crucial that you note the expectations to hit targets and meet deadlines within this role will be high and therefore working additional hours in support of this will be required, especially at month end.
- Manage financial and legal compliance, working with external advisors and internal colleagues.
- Provide commercial finance support and information to the EFC and other key stakeholders, as well as acting as the main point of contact for external auditors
- Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance in accordance with the Parent Company's policies and procedures, preparing and submitting financial statements
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
- Manage a small team of finance staff (4)
- Work with other Financial Controllers across Europe to standardise procedures and complete other projects such as cost reduction.
- Ensure SOX compliance, continually reducing failures with a zero-failure target.
- Manage the preparation and review of standard costing in compliance with US GAAP.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of company taxes i.e. VAT, Corporation Tax, Duty.
- Recommending appropriate changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls & recommending improvements that will support operational efficiency and working practices
Education, experience & attributes sought:
- A self-starter who is CIMA/ACA Qualified, with 5 years post-qualification experience, encompassing compliance, reporting and operational finance and including working within the Manufacturing industry, managing audit & inventory.
- Exceptional communication skills, high level of accountability and a pro-active approach
- Experience of managing change effectively
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting, particularly for a listed business.
- Technically capable, including understanding of FX, LME and energy hedging.
- Understanding of DCF and NPV calculations to support capital projects.
- An excellent understanding of month-end/year end close processes including preparing financial reporting packs.
- Experience of ensuring a robust control environment is maintained and high standards are achieved
- Strong management and leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring others to succeed
- Strong IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, which is utilised heavily
- Annual salary of £70,000 - £80,000 (DOE)
- 7% annual incentive compensation
- 5% performance pay
- Pension 4% EE - 5% ER
- Family medical insurance cover
- Death in service cover
- Gym membership contributions
Closing date: Friday, 17th April 2020
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.