Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a FXQ Sales and Technical Customer Service Advisor
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary: £22,000pa depending on experience
Reporting directly to the FXQ Customer Service Supervisor, the purpose of this role is to be responsible for the XQ desk. This will include handling incoming and outgoing customer and retailer calls relating to twin wall chimney products. The person will need to provide the correct technical help and advice in understanding the range, and confirming that the customer's requirements are legal, correct to the appropriate standards and regulations and are available. The person will also have to liaise with the sales team and all customers to confirm that all orders are despatched correctly and on time, and resolve all quality and order related issues. Knowledge of heating appliances of all fuel types, their installation and servicing is highly advantageous for this role.
- Using existing knowledge of working with solid fuel appliances, solve customer queries by communicating technical knowledge over the telephone or e-mail. The customers could be retailers, end users, engineers, architects, contractors and members of the public.
- To learn the company's products and the contents of the installation and user instructions for the Company's range of twin wall chimney systems in order to be able to give specific advice on the company's products.
- To advise customers on the EN standards and the specific UK building regulations and fire safety regulations for installation of flue systems. This will extend to advising ways to break through walls, floors, ceilings and roofs and the appropriate way to then seal and protect the house structure. All advice must be accurate and correct with the safety of the customer as a paramount consideration.
- To help the XQ customer service team to input all orders, and confirm that the orders entered is correct to the customer specification. This will extend to checking orders to confirm that the customer has not incorrectly specified an installation, and needs further advice on the required products.
- To offer support to all customers and our own internal field sales team to resolve any delivery, quality or support issues. This will involve liaising with all relevant departments to provide the customer focus required for this important new product range.
- To carry out end user and dealer visits to resolve faults and appliances issues relating to the XQ range, as and when required.
- To work with despatch and the warehouse to make sure that all urgent orders are despatched against the customer's requirements.
- To be available to assist with and/or conduct internal training sessions in relation to the XQ range and other group products, as and when required.
- To document and report on all calls and problems identified and to log onto the company CRM system.
- To ensure that any information provided is accurate, appropriate and in accordance with all the relevant regulations for installation and use.
- Provide technical support and advice to the customer service and service teams as required.
- To learn the technical details of the other Group products to be able to assist the whole technical team when required. Appropriate training will be given to assist with this function, but the employee must have the aptitude to learn and understand all aspects of the product range for solid fuel and gas appliances.
- Working with solid fuel appliances and chimney systems, either through installation, retail or manufacturing experience
- An understanding of the EN standards and UK Building regulations specific to chimney systems
- Highly tuned to solving and proactively supporting customer requirements
- Telephone training in solving problems and helping customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
- Flexi Time
- Staff recommendation scheme
Closing date is 30th November 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.