Gap Professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are looking for a Group Fabrication & Design Technician
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am-17.30pm
Reporting to the Group Design Manager, a Design Technician is required to join a very innovate Research & Development team. You will be responsible for the design of innovative new products working across all three-fuel types, (Wood, Gas & Electric), within the group heating business area, assisting in both new product design as well as existing product drawing support. You will be part of a key team recognised for producing exciting market leading products within the domestic heating industry. The products are increasingly contemporary in design and reflect the markets desire for high quality materials and design features.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Proven background in the design of sheet metal fabrications is essential. Previous experience in the design of decorative products whilst not essential would be distinct advantage.
- The ability to work with new ideas and concepts to produce a highly decorative product is essential. Whilst having a sound knowledge of Solid Edge modelling software would be an advantage, consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate previous use of other 3D modelling software packages.
- Knowledge of general practices and the use of correct materials in the design process is desirable as is a background in appropriate methods of fabrication and design for manufacture and assembly
- Must be able to work within the budget limitations of the brief and ensure the design meets the tight cost targets in order to produce a competitively priced product.
- Must be fully conversant with all relevant drawing practice.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with all internal departments (design, production engineering, production and purchasing) as well as external suppliers both in the UK and abroad.
- Ability to work under their own initiative and actively plan the design program for the project is also essential, as is the ability to work within tight timescales.
- Design of sheet metal fabrications is essential
- Experience in design of decorate products
- Solid Edge modelling software (advantageous)
- Fully conversant with relevant drawing practice
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
- Flexi Time
- Staff recommendation scheme
Closing Date: 4th March 2020
Gap Professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.