Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit a Hygiene Team Leader/Chargehand on a full time, permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to assist in leading a team of Hygiene Operatives during cleaning activities to maintain the site to the level required by our client's customer base and to meet legal requirements. You will liaise with production to ensure that all cleaning schedules and standards are achieved and maintained, timely completion of all cleaning records and documentation. To supervise and manage the hygiene staff and maintain ongoing staff training. To promote a team working environment within the hygiene department across all shift working patterns. Reporting to Hygiene Manager you will form part of a team with primary responsibility to ensure that all work is completed to schedule, complies with hygiene, quality and safety requirements and deputise for Hygiene Supervisor in periods of absence.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / Rotating Night Shifts
- £24,800 per annum
- To assist in leading the Hygiene Team as first line Hygiene Chargehand, to ensure the completion of hygiene schedules to ensure plant and environment are maintained to a high standard. To do this through effective deployment of resources, forward planning and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring that the required quality, safety, hygiene and environmental standards are implemented, maintained and improved.
- Responsible for supporting the engineering function in routine preventative maintenance and cleaning and the production function inline set up/line start up deep cleaning and maintenance.
- To ensure the hygiene standards, cleaning procedures, practises and equipment are continually re-evaluated in line with best practise, customer guidelines and legislation.
- Responsible for the development and training of all the site hygiene activities with the Hygiene Team Members to maximise their potential, flexibility and overall skill levels across the site.
- Liaise with the Departmental Managers regarding changes to the production plan/equipment availability, hygiene resource to meet the cleaning schedule, schedule in the cleaning of the equipment to meet the production plan.
- Responsible for the application of all company procedures and policies within the hygiene department.
- Carry out the equipment swabbing and post hygiene auditing, ensure that corrective actions are put in place and completed.
- Liaise with the Engineering department to review outstanding actions/repairs.
- Establish effective handovers between each shift. All issues are identified and recorded on the hygiene shift report and verbally communicated.
- Responsible for the correct chemical application and quantities being used including chemical titration check.
- Responsible for the availability of hygiene equipment to meet the business demands and cleaning schedule.
- Holiday/absence cover for Hygiene Supervisor.
- To meet with Suppliers to optimise chemical cleaning and equipment to ensure optimum comfort in use for staff and effectiveness for the job. In particular to keep abreast of customer guidelines on chemicals/equipment and to stay ahead of the competition in the use of innovative products.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication with regards plant hygiene standards across and between shifts within the teams to ensure optimum performance is achieved.
- Develop close working relationships with colleagues in other functions such as: production, engineering, technical and NPD.
- To respond to audit reports, corrective action summaries to ensure work is carried out to an agreed timescale and manner.
- To present if required to customers documentation to support the Hygiene Operation including Chemical Data Sheets, Training Records and completion/sign off back to production records.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of customer audits/visits which may be announced or unannounced and ensure the team are clear on what is required of them.
- Responsible for ensuring all work conforms to the processes and procedures of the Quality Management System and Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Ensure that waste material is correctly disposed of in accordance with our EMS.
- Experience in FMCG environment, preferably food or similar manufacturing.
- Experienced Hygiene Operative.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- PC literate.
- Ability to lead a team by influencing and persuading.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Committed to developing self and others.
- Flexible in approach to work to meet demands.
- Good team worker.
- A positive and approachable manner.
- Ability to solve problems/offer solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Level 3 Food Safety.
- IOSH managing Safely.
- General understanding of basic food microbiology.
- Experience of poultry processing industry.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Knowledge of COSHH.
- Practical approach to problem-solving.
- Personable nature.
- Forward thinking.
- Conscientious, determined, can do approach.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Takes a 'customer-centred' approach to work.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.