“Find a job you love and you'll never work another day in your life”
gap professional is proud to be working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit Lead Production Operatives (Position Lead) for its Huntingdon site. These are permanent positions, available from the 25th May and offer the successful candidates an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic organisation in a progressive environment.
Monday – Friday, 6am – 2pm / 2pm – 10pm (am/pm), weekly rotation
£11 per hour.
Benefits you'll receive include:
We operate 24/5 rather than 24/7, so you’ll never have to work on weekends
20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
All permanent employees are entitled to our discretionary bonus scheme.
You’ll be covered by our life assurance plan after three months.
Hotel Chocolat discount
Hard work should be rewarded. You’ll receive seasonal gift cards and generous discounts including chocolate (naturally) and every other product in our range from award-winning alcohol to cocoa inspired cookery books. You’ll also receive 70% off your stay at our luxury resort in St Lucia.
A saving scheme that offers you the opportunity to buy shares in Hotel Chocolat plc.
It’s in all of our interest to keep you fit and healthy, and that includes your eyesight.
Contributory pension scheme.
Cycle to work scheme
Good for the environment and great if you can, available to all employees.
Excellent opportunities for career progression.
What makes working for this leading brand different? Well, that’s easy:
- Since its inception in 1993, Hotel Chocolat has been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic, and ethical manufacturer, which is passionate about fairness, equality and giving back – three core qualities it also lives by as an employer.
- These qualities mean that Hotel Chocolat just keeps growing. To date, there are 103 stores across the UK and an international presence from Copenhagen to Hong Kong, a restaurant in London and a boutique hotel in St Lucia, employing over 1300 people. But it's not stopping there.
- Hotel Chocolat is committed to continually investing in its employees. Its mission is to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business in a friendly and energetic working environment, where ideas flow and everyone is committed to achieving the same goals, together.
What will your role entail?
- Ensuring compliance to the production plan, delivering products on time and in full
- Ensuring the line section is performing to outlined efficiency, quality, food safety and yield standards
- Supporting team members with problem-solving
- Completing all start-up checks and highlighting potential issues
- Working closely with the engineering team to reduce downtime within budget
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety systems, remaining responsible for your own health and safety and that of others around you
- Stepping up and covering for the Process Technician or any other position lead roles where applicable
- Supporting root cause or CI analysis (quality, efficiency and labour)
- Recording and reviewing data, highlighting trends and concerns
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience of a similar role in an environment where quality, health and safety are key
- Food Safety Level 2 certification
- HACCP training
- Food safety/hygiene certification (highly desirable)
- A quality ethos
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude bringing enthusiasm, energy and a passion for high standards
- A ‘working together as one’ approach, offering flexibility and a commitment to team success
- The ability to challenge constructively and receive feedback openly
- An appetite for learning and self-development
The interview process
Initial telephone/skype interviews will be conducted by a member of the gap professional team and employment referencing details sought. Following this, successful candidates will be put forward for an interview with Hotel Chocolat and those selected, offered a start date between the 25th May and 15th June 2020.
Please note: the company observes current guidelines on social distancing and all appropriate measures in support of the current situation are in place and operational.