gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hours of work: 40 Hours per week + On call rota 1 week in 4
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Logistics Co-ordinator to join an expanding team in Newport which specialises in Freight Forwarding, Transportation and Customs Clearance.
You will work as part of an established duty team responsible for completing/submitting Import, Export Customs Form C88 Declarations, Excise Movement and Control System (EMCS) New Computerised Transit System ( NCTS ), ATR, EUR, T2L, Certificate of Origin to enable the cargo to move within and outside the EU
obtain all the required documentation, information and times as instructed/requested by your Clients or Manager - Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport..
You will complete all HMRC/cargo documentation relevant to the port call and will coordinate HMRC requirements on behalf of our Clients. You will be responsible for calculating and keying accurate Data pro-forma via third party bespoke software or Government Portal.
- You will obtain all the required to obtain documentation, information from the Importer, Exporter, Clients, Warehouse Keeper, Owner of the goods and or the Exporter Prior to the completing the declaration
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation, completion, Emcs, Export & Import documentation via third party bespoke software or Government Portal
- Communicating / Emailing the various documentation to Clients, Importer, Exporter, Warehouse Keepers, Hauliers, Agents
- Prepare and complete all data input accurate information within the operating system 'Datafreight. Net',
- Accurately calculate Invoice Sales, within on the operating system,
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Clients, Importer, Exporter, Warehouse Terminal personnel.
- Assist the Manager - Revenue & Customs / Director, Newport. in the training and support of new Employees in the role of Logistics Coordinator,
- The prompt communication of problems, in particular emergency situations in accordance with established Emergency Response Procedures,
- Attend both offsite & onsite training courses arranged by the company to build up you own knowledge and experience.
- This will often involve you working out-of-office hours, evenings, and weekends as per our department rota system or directed by the department Manager / Director,
- Updating & invoicing jobs to clients
- Ensuring the operating system is updated in a timely manner
- Completing customer care responses within the required timescale
- Ability to work to strict timescales in a fast-paced environment.
- Dealing with any internal & external account queries
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
Previous experience within freight forwarding or the processing of customs entries
Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and within a close-knit operational team
Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Be able to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail
Be self-disciplined, reliable, and capable of working to set time frames, often out-of-office hours.
Closing date is 5th December 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future