Due to an unprecedented peak in supply, our premium-brand FMCG client are seeking a capable & driven Operations or Channel Manager to support their Night Shift teams for a 12-week period (minimum), starting ASAP.
The ideal candidate for this position will come from an E-Commerce or FMCG fulfilment background, where they have held ultimate responsibility for 100+ colleagues of diverse nationalities via a small management team, adhering to social distancing and safe working practices considering the current pandemic and ever-changing guidelines.
Hours of work: 10PM - 6AM, Sunday - Thursday
Start date: Sunday, 1st November
Remuneration: c£50,000 (pro-rata to contract length), plus night shift premium.
As Shift Operations/Channel Manager, you will hold responsibility for c150 colleagues via 3 Cell Managers, in what is a very key role for the business.
- To hit the ground running, you will need to possess strong management & sound decision-making capabilities, with an ability to think clearly & act quickly, but rationally in a fast-paced, pressured environment.
- You will be familiar with the complexities of managing temporary supply via an agency partner and ensuring staffing levels are maintained and both permanent and temporary colleagues are supported, trained and consistently working to SOP's.
- You will have experience of working in a socially distanced environment, with responsibility for maintaining all health & safety measures, reacting quickly to any potential risks and managing these effectively to keep the workforce safe, whilst ensuring orders are met.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to learn quickly and retain information will also be key, although you will be supported by managers who have good length of service and a strong knowledge of the business operations.
- You will provide succinct and effective handovers to day shift and keep accurate records. In addition, you will drive high working standards and accountability throughout the workforce.
- You will be available for the entirety of the contract and committed to completing the full period, understanding that any change during this time will cause significant disruption to the business.
For further information on this position, please apply today for immediate consideration. Interviews for the position will take place week commencing the 26th October and the closing date for applications is Friday, 23rd October.
To apply please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to Katy.Hipkiss@gap-professional.com
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future