Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client who are recruiting for an Occupational Therapist
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Pilning, Bristol
Hours of work: Term time - 39 weeks
Salary: £31,000 - £38,000
Summary: My client is looking for an Occupational Therapist to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the therapy service. You will provide a high standard of Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention to children and young people, including advice and training to relevant parents, carers and professionals in line with proposed treatment plans. The Occupational Therapist will work autonomously and manage a caseload of children with complex needs, autistic spectrum conditions, sensory needs and attachment difficulties that are placed within the specialist education setting.
- Be professionally and legally accountable and responsible for all aspects of your own work including the management of young people in your care.
- Support individual development and care plans and assist individuals in accordance with their needs and wishes, particularly their activities of daily living, self-care, productivity and leisure occupations.
- To demonstrate sound understanding of clinical governance and clinical risk and to demonstrate the use of treatment plans with an evidence based link.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of accurate written records in line with professional code of conduction.
- Maintain and update professional expertise and competence in line with requirements of continued professional development, analysing current research and discussing and implementing changes in clinical practice accordingly.
- To be highly competent in assessing a wide range of conditions experienced by children with complex needs based on advance theoretical knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology, often in situations where conflicting.
- To ensure confidentially at all times, only releasing confidential information obtained during the course of employment to those acting in an official capacity in accordance with the provisions of the data protection act and its amendments.
- Where appropriate to be involved in service planning exercises, recruitment, retention and service improvement projects.
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC Registration
- Ability to demonstrate and commit to continual professional development.
- Member of RCOT.
- Previous experience in an occupational therapy role.
- Experience of Multi-disciplinary team and multi-agency working.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of approaches to the management of children by advanced clinical reasoning.
- Knowledge of the management of children who have autistic spectrum conditions, sensory needs and attachment difficulties, including evidence based strategies.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is the 3rd of November 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.