Gap professional continue to be proud to work in partnership with an Industry-leading, international manufacturing firm who not only have an exceptional reputation as both as a cutting-edge manufacturer and an employer, but significant growth plans that will be realised over the next three years.
In support of this, the business is seeking a highly skilled production planner with machine shop or machining (CNC - close tolerance) experience to join their collaborative team.
Standard hours of work are 8am - 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am - 12pm on a Friday, however flexi-time is offered.
The Production Planner must establish and coordinate availability of parts to release orders to the machine shop, in time to meet the demands of the customer. It is their responsibility to maintain full stock integrity and traceability and ensure the systems are accurate. In addition, to ensure goods produced are made in a cost-effective way, that fully meet quality specifications.
Key duties include:
- Liaise with the Master Scheduler and Program Management to determine customer requirements.
- Timely release of orders
- Ensuring every item is fully traceable to its Work Order.
- Monitor production process to ensure commit dates are on target and troubleshoot any issues that occur
- Ensure retro fit and customer return demands are managed
- Daily communication with Program Managers, Purchasing & Manufacturing personnel to provide and collate information to enable On Time Delivery.
- Regular communication with Production Engineering, Quality and Logistics to ensure people, materials and documentation are up to date and available when required.
- Create Line of Balance (LOB's) for daily meetings with Operations to provide status reports on part availability and promise dates.
- Assist other departments when required in NPI and Development to ensure material is fully traceable. Raise, control and maintain Engineering Work Orders
- Assist Finance with any Cost queries
- Understand and manage Engineering Change Notifications (ECN's) and Stop and Release instructions.
- Maintain and update Planning Data parameters (MBS systems)
- Monitor ECN's & evaluate for obsolescence
Skills, experience & attributes sought:
- 3-5 years of Planning Experience within a complex manufacturing environment
- Strong IT skills & experience with ERP Systems
- High Level of numeracy and data analysis capability
- Working knowledge of Change Control, NPI & Push & Pull techniques
- Exceptional communication skills
- Solid influencing skills alongside the ability to build trust & work as part of a team
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving and excellent time management skills.
- The desire to develop and build a long-term career with the company
What do I get in return?
- Competitive salary of up to £30k
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
- Private Healthcare
- Pension scheme that is significantly above average
- Company bonus scheme
- Share incentive scheme
- Enrolment to flexible benefits scheme
Closing date for applications to this role is Friday 24th July.