Our client, based in the Manchester area is currently looking to recruit a Property Manager. The Property Manager is primarily responsible for the delivery of management services to a portfolio of residential and, where applicable, mixed-use buildings and estates. This role will be the direct interface with the Client/Freeholder and Leaseholders. The main functions are to develop and maintain a motivated and customer orientated service, to ensure that service standards are achieved within the client's property management company policy and that legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements are met.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / Office Hours
- £28k - £30k per annum dependant on experience plus company car or allowance
- Carry out periodic inspections of the property and prepare site reports for the client / landlord / residents' committee / insurance company
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Regulations and maintain accurate records of Risk Assessments, their dates and planned frequency for re-inspection. Record on the Data Station system and take action upon the findings of the Risk Assessments
- Arrange for the maintenance of all areas which are common to all lessees under the terms of the lease
- Ensure that Management Agreements and Data Sharing Agreements are in place for all clients and developments
- Prepare budgets for each property within the portfolio and prepare notes of explanation for each property within the portfolio
- Liaise with clients/landlords to agree the service charge budget
- Assist the Client Accountant with preparation of the clients' annual accounts and liaise with the clients / landlords / leaseholders on the content of the prepared annual accounts
- Ensure that the developments, including common areas, in the portfolio are fully insured
- Attend First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) Tribunals (LVTs) and County Court hearings as and when required to give evidence in support of the client's position.
- Attend meetings on a regular basis as agreed with by the clients / landlords in accordance with the Management Agreement. (Meetings may be held outside standard working hours)
- Correspond with clients / landlords / leaseholders and respond to residents' queries within the client's Property Management response time guidelines.
- Carry out statutory consultation with the lessees, RMC and Residents Associations (if any) and fulfil the requirements of Section 20 Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 (as amended) in relation to all major works and all long-term contracts
- Liaise with the client / landlord where the terms of the lease are not being adhered to by individual resident/leaseholder
- Carry out the interviewing, selecting, appointing and supervision of contractors
- Be courteous and professional in dealing with clients, customers, contractors and general public
- Be punctual at all times and dressed in accordance with the Dress Code
- Able to actively seek to obtain new instructions for the Company
- Experience of working within a similar role is essential
- Be an active team member
- Endeavour to remain informed of new relevant legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Carry out all duties within ARMA guidelines and RICS code of practice
- Complete all mandatory online training courses in a timely manner and to take part in optional training courses as considered appropriate by the Branch Manager
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.