Our client based in the Chester area are currently looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Supervisor to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Manager/Directors you will be responsible for the Purchase Ledger Assistant. The main focus of this role is Purchase Ledger and the successful candidate will be required to liaise frequently with goods in/purchasing departments at the client site and support other members of the finance team at other sites if necessary. There may be some planned travel to other sites on occasion. The role entails reconciling purchase invoices received to orders and delivery notes, and accurately inputting this data onto the Sage accounting system and Excel stock take spreadsheets as required. The role of Purchase Ledger Supervisor will have significant contact with suppliers and important stakeholders of our client. To this end the job holder will conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner always.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8:30am-5pm
- £25k per annum
- Entering the DPS figures onto Sage.
- Management of purchase orders against delivery notes, and reconciliation with invoices and stock take.
- Check, code and input invoices on to Sage for ledgers.
- Enter supplier payment details on to Sage at appropriate times.
- File invoices correctly (hard copy/idrive).
- Reconcile supplier account information to statements and conduct analysis of payment data.
- Handle any supplier queries.
- Keep current supplier files up to date with latest information on Excel.
- Company credit card spending control administration for our client.
- Supplier contract maintenance/monitoring.
- Calculate purchase ledger rebates in January and send to relevant people.
- Compile ad hoc reports as required.
- Experience of managing a purchase ledger plus other relevant financial/accounting experience.
- Recent relevant experience of office systems and procedures and of working within an administrative/accounts function.
- Recent experience of dealing with external suppliers/customers/clients over the phone/email.
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office: especially Excel.
- A thorough understanding/knowledge of the purchase ledger function.
- Working knowledge of Sage Line 50 or other accounts/stock software.
- Working knowledge of Sage Payroll or similar package.
- Highly numerate and accurate with numbers and data.
- Analytical - able to interpret data correctly and problem solve.
- Methodical in approach with high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers and staff at all levels.
- Ability to gain trust from managers and staff and influence positively.
- Ability to handle and solve difficult situations.
- Inquisitive, keen to learn and not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively during peak workloads.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership.
- Flexible approach to work and tasks undertaken.
- GCSE level numeracy and literacy, or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience within a small team.
- Understanding of foreign currency payments.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.