Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for Purchasing/procurement Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday - Friday
Salary: 38000-45000k Per year
Summary: We require time served purchasing/ procurement manager able to work under pressure and understands the importance of exceptional standards in the work place . If you have excellent work ethic and reliability we would love to hear from you.
The person: We looking for an Enthusiastic and a positive purchasing/ procurement manager with great a great Aptitude for problem solving & accuracy and while adhering to all quality practices.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Solid background in procurement
- Sound understanding of best practice procurement processes and methodologies.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience of managing a wide variety of suppliers across multiple categories
- Ideally be qualified or part qualified CIPS or hold an equivalent qualification
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to clearly explain procurement concepts at all levels
- Credibility and confidence to work with senior managers across the organisation.
- Able to cope under pressured deadlines.
- The ability to travel to all our sites as required
- Develop a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements
- Lead and implement strategic sourcing plans
- Proactively analyse spend data and contractual T&C's
- Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supply terms and formalise supply contracts
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category
- Continually strive to improve supplier performance
- Deliver ongoing benefits to the internal and external customer through supplier management
- Be an advocate of the supplier due diligence framework
- Rationalise and reduce the number of suppliers, establishing a robust list of suppliers to a manageable level and maximise profitability whilst fully understanding the operational requirement and thereby minimising risk and liabilities
Closing date is 6th of march 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future