Our client based in Deeside is looking to recruit a Quality Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. Working on a pharma and food manufacturing site, reporting to the CEO, the Quality Manager will be responsible for leading the clients Quality Department. Working closely with all departments, the Quality Manager will provide GMP and regulatory expertise whilst ensuring the business is prepared for customer and regulatory audits and inspections.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 9am-5pm
- £45k-£55k per annum
- Ensure site compliance to the requirements of GMP and Food Safety standards.
- Control of the site Quality Management System (QMS), associated procedures and records.
- Author, review and approval of SOPs, Protocols and Risk Assessments, preparation and review of OOS investigations, deviation/non-conformance reports.
- Approval of specifications, sampling instructions, test methods and other quality control procedures.
- Oversight of test method and equipment validation activities.
- Evaluation and approval of contract laboratories and associated analysis results.
- Evaluation and approval of material/packaging suppliers and service providers.
- Management of raw material/ingredient testing, evaluation of packaging materials, facility processes and finished products.
- Evaluation of batch records and supporting documents, approval/rejection of ingredients, packaging materials and finished products.
- Management of internal and external audit schedules.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, current literature and test method development.
- Perform in house activities liaising closely with the Operations Director.
- As part of the performance of this role the post holder will be exposed to sensitive information that must be kept confidential during and after employment in line with client processes and terms of employment.
- Work towards the corporate goals of the client.
- Comply with Health and Safety and GMP regulations.
- Experience (five years plus) of management in a GMP quality environment.
- Experience hosting MHRA audits, other regulatory audits and customer audits.
- Extensive knowledge in a broad range of activities and quality systems.
- Knowledge of regulations and guidelines relating to GMP.
- Excellent oral (including presentation) and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally to the business.
- IT competent (including Microsoft office) and statistical analysis of analytical QC data.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Dedication to the role and the business exhibited through attendance and a willingness and desire to learn and take part in areas and projects outside of the scope of the role.
- Degree in relevant field/advanced degree preferable.
- Experience in GLP would be beneficial.
- The ideal will candidate will have some experience with food quality systems.
- Experience of working as a member of a small team and experience with start-ups.
- Ideally you will have an understanding of chemical food safety analysis and food matrix validation.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.