Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit a Retail Chargehand/Line Leader on a full time, permanent basis. Supporting with the management of the Cutting/Retail team, ensuring the production department is running efficiently with regards to quality, yield, legal compliance including the day to day completion of administration, attendance, training, performance and maximising the efficiency of trussing and packing of products.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8:30am - 6:30pm
- £21k per annum
- Being the chargehand for the area (and deputising in the supervisor's absence), dealing with setting the team out on a daily basis and ensuring that the resources are in place for the line to run and the relevant Safety and Quality checks are being carried out.
- Dealing with any breakdowns or changes in the daily plan and communicating with the Engineering team and management.
- To ensure the required QA/PC checks are carried out at the stages of the process required.
- To interact with all departments to ensure good cross functional working.
- Provide the relevant documentation providing legal and customer compliance of the process.
- Reporting of KPI's, Scorecards and other computer-based reports in a timely manner.
- To deputise for Retail Supervisor in periods of absence.
- Entering the factory check that overall supplies are available & that the hygiene lobby is fully equipped, and the foot bath s filled including chemical.
- Check that both infeed operative's lines have the correct product and are keeping a constant supply to the lines to avoid unnecessary downtime. Check that the process flow is being followed on the retail line along with the 60 trays per trusser every 15 mins to monitor and improve trussing efficiency.
- Manage the timings of breaks to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency.
- To ensure that hourly KPI boards are filled in on time, make decisions and take action as required including any SIC's.
- To lead by example with your team, working in a safe manner and promoting all company policies including Health and Safety, Bird Welfare, Food Safety and Hygiene.
- Ensure that any incidents/accidents are dealt with in the correct manner to cover legal obligations and to promote a culture of Safety within the team.
- Assist in the investigation of accidents in order to prevent recurrence.
- Working in line with culture of continuous improvement - report any shortcomings in systems of work or procedures to the Department Supervisor including improvements and solutions.
- Ensure the team work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within your area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with the Management team in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of line/area operations, in particular the achievement of line/area targets, employee attitudes and product quality and attend production and engineering meetings/forums as required in the absence of the supervisor.
- To carry out a reasonable amount of overtime or to work outside core hours to meet orders and demand of the business.
- Demonstrating the competent application of good manufacturing practices required to consistently operate to high standards of food quality and food safety.
- Complying with Company hygiene policies and procedures when undertaking operations while maintaining high standards of personal hygiene including the correct wearing of all PPE.
- Ensure quality, hygiene and production standards are maintained within the department and wider factory where necessary
- Ensure the use of protective clothing and equipment provided is being used correctly at all times within the department.
- Monitoring and recording quality and food safety performance where applicable.
- Ensure that the attendance registers are completed at the beginning of shift to understand your manning position and scanned by 08:00 each day.
- To control and provide effective organisation of the labour allocated to your line.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Self- motivated and ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Mechanically Minded
- Aware and understand the importance of Health and Safety, Hygiene and animal welfare regulations
- Good knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work as part of a wider team
- Numerate and Literate
- Ability to cope with routine work and FMCG environment
- Previous experience of working within meat industry
- Previous experience of working in FMCG environment
- Food Hygiene Qualification
- Experience of leading a team
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.