gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: Negotiable and dependent on experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Design Engineer to work within a global manufacturing and distribution company at their site based in Exeter.
- Mentoring Design Engineers.
- Deputising for Head of Engineering
- Work closely with the Commercial & Project teams to ensure new products/projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Directly look after key OEM accounts, offering on site Design support & technical advice.
- Work closely with Manufacturing & Production teams to ensure Products & Processes are designed for manufacture.
- Work to and assist in improving Design office procedures in line with IATF16949
- Work closely with our suppliers to ensure products are designed for manufacture & meet all technical & commercial requirements.
- Design of new & existing products, producing both 2D drawings/3D models for parts & assemblies.
- Design fixtures/tooling to aid in the manufacture of fluid transfer assemblies.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
Educated to HNC level or above in Design Engineering
Fully trained in Solidworks.
Working knowledge of CATIA.
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a Design role within a manufacturing company (ideally Automotive, Aerospace, or Marine).
Knowledge of Fluid Transfer systems would be a distinct advantage.
Experience working in a 1st tier Automotive supplier would be an advantage.
The ability to manage multiple projects at once & deliver them on time.
Jig/Fixture & SPM Design Knowledge.
A working knowledge of IATF16949
Closing date is 3rd March 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future