gap professional are looking for permanent Digital Hardware Design Engineers for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based at their Defence Industry client's facility in Edinburgh.
The Senior Digital Hardware Design Engineers will be responsible for designing high speed digital Printed Circuit Boards that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and high speed interconnect technologies.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Designing high speed digital Printed Circuit Boards that utilise the latest FPGA, Microprocessor and high speed interconnect technologies
- Supporting throughout the full hardware lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, and unit test; to integrating hardware with the target system; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to customer
- Fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management, and providing plans and progress reports
- Working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science
- Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs is essential
- MMIC experience desirable
- Analysing system level requirements documents and understanding their application to Hardware designs;
- Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics Dx Designer or equivalent.
- Design of high speed serial communication links and knowledge of associated protocols and architectures
- Hands on experience of Hardware, Firmware & Software Integration of Micro Processor Based designs onto hardware platforms is essential
- A methodical approach to the full hardware design lifecycle, working to a structured hardware process
- Debugging, testing and verification of new designs and supporting their commissioning and integration into the target system;
- Ability to liaise with suppliers of key components and assemblies
- Ability to schedule work and manage time in keeping with project timescales and budgets
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.