gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Permanent Senior Management Accountant
Salary: £45,000 - £60,000
Hours: 8:40am to 5.00pm Mon- Thu, 8:40am to 4.00pm Fri
The primary purpose of the role is to support Financial Controller in ensuring that all group financial requirements are met. To provide support relative to cost accounting. To manage and maintain inventory processes and controls. To assist and complete general accounting functions, operational improvements and other accounting projects.
- Management of cost and Inventory accounting; reporting including KPIs and costing dashboard
- Assistance with the forecasting and budgeting of inventory levels, costs of goods sold and overheads
- Ensure compliance with internal controls related to inventory and cost accounting
- Month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and analysis related to cost of goods sold, as well as inventory valuation, balances, adjustments and reserves
- Preparation of standards (annual review and costs update)
- Management of metal hedging
- Stock take management
- Tax management (R&D, P11D, PSA)
- Manage ad-hoc group queries
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Qualified accountant, technically strong.
- Minimum seven years' experience of working in a finance, of which at least 3 years must be post qualified and relevant operational finance experience in a manufacturing org.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting requirements.
- Knowledge and skills to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Ability to understand and manage cost/inventory accounting.
- Preparation of financial forecasts.
- Knowledge of internal control processes and ability to design processes to mitigate financial and business risks.
- Strong understanding of hedging of metal and foreign currency.
- Ability to manage reporting requirements for a large US corporate.
Closing date is 7th September 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future