On behalf of a highly successful, industry-leading global firm, we are seeking a Senior Process Improvement Engineer/Senior Manufacturing Engineer to lead a 12-Month project. This position will be offered on a fixed-term basis.
With a larger, state-of-the-art purpose-built facility on the horizon for 2021 and an exceptional reputation as both an innovative manufacturer and an employer of choice, this role could well hold the potential for the successful candidate to be offered a permanent position at the end of the initial contract term.
- As Senior Process Improvement Engineer, you will lead a project to review the manufacturing process for a family of parts with an aim to improve quality, process capability and reduce cost.
- This will require the successful candidate to have extensive manufacturing knowledge from machining to post processing of high value components, ideally with significant experience of a similar role within Aerospace or another highly regulated industry, such as medical devices.
- You will have the ability to gather and interrogate process capability data to help identify areas for improvement, as well as being able to effectively present findings and results to colleagues at various levels within the organisation.
- You will also provide support to NPI programs to ensure new designs fit with the manufacturing strategy. Offering guidance on design changes to aid the manufacturability of components, helping to ensure standard features are carried across product families as a way of safeguarding part standardisation.
- Exhibiting proven capability in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies and Zero Defects, you will offer technical guidance and provide coaching & mentoring support to Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Support Engineers, whilst aiding the Manufacturing Engineering Manager in ensuring business targets and objectives are effectively met.
- The organisation is focused on cutting-edge technology, high quality performance and exceeding expectation which means you must be too.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- HNC/ HND (vocational, professional, or advanced) or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Production Engineering with a BSc Degree preferred.
- Significant progressive experience in the field of manufacturing/process engineering
- Proven general capabilities in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies and Zero Defects.
- Proven specific capabilities in CNC programming using 3D CAD/CAM (Siemens NX10.0 Vericut, Partmaker/Featurecam - preferred)
Knowledge and exposure to the following processes would be highly beneficial:
- EDM Die Sink & Wire
- Flow Deburring
- Heat treatment
In return you will receive a package that includes:
- Competitive salary of c£50,000
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
- Private Healthcare
- Strong contributory pension scheme
- The option to join a flexible benefits programme
If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply today with an up to date copy of your CV, for immediate consideration.