Gap professional is operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hours of Work: Full Time / Office Hours.
Salary: £32,000-£42,000 DOE.
- Manage the procurement of a variety of commodities, services and projects
- Management of the supplier base and appropriate contracts/terms and conditions
- Identify opportunities to effect common purchasing, secure synergies and create value through procurement initiatives
- Support in the day to day management of the team
- Manage compliance and non-compliance of group wide policies and procedures
- Integration, review and maintenance of group supplier base, maximizing efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Review quotations and negotiate process with key suppliers
- Work closely with the SHEQ team to ensure suppliers comply with group requirements in respect of health and safety and environmental issues
- Manage supplier relationships to achieve maximum efficiency and benefit
- Address and resolve procurement problems, challenging under-performing suppliers and taking robust action to remedy issues and prevent recurrence
- Assist in the identification of suitable suppliers, PQQ, preparation of specification, contracts and evaluation criteria for all tenders
- Provide advice on suitable contracts for the procurement of key projects and assist in technical review of projects ensuring feasibility and cost effectiveness
- Monitor and analyse all purchasing activity
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- 'A' level education
- Min 3 years' experience in procurement and contract management
- Experience of purchasing commodities, services and capital projects
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel
- CIPS qualification desirable
- Strong negotiation, analytical and influencing skills
Closing date is 09/02/2020
gap professional is committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.