Are you an experienced Supplier Lead or Supply Chain Professional with extensive experience of effectively managing suppliers, and a technical or engineering background? Do you have strong communication, negotiation & influencing skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain team that ensure operational requirements for all sites are met?
Are you willing and able to travel to supplier sites across your designated area (c50% of working time)?
If so, the role of Supplier Lead for this innovative, international business with an exceptional reputation both as an employer and manufacturer, could represent exactly the career opportunity you seek.
- As a Supplier Lead, you'll be the primary point of contact responsible for the holistic management of assigned suppliers. You'll develop and maintain effective relationships with your designated suppliers and the supply chain team to achieve operational requirements for all sites.
- You will be responsible for the surveillance and monitoring of suppliers, evaluating performance, identifying & mitigating risk as required. You'll lead problem solving activities, identifying route causes, resolving any issues with relationships or performance and leading recovery and improvement action plans. To do so, you will develop an excellent understanding of contractual requirements, business systems and processes.
- Providing regional support for supplier selection, development and NPI, you will utilise your knowledge to provide input to supply chain planning; identifying and pursuing improvements to quality, cost, delivery & lead time.
- Your ability to effectively collaborate and influence across multiple functions, geographical regions and cultures to achieve global end to end supply chain performance requirements will be key to this position and will require you to offer flexibility in working hours to work with teams in different time zones.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities along with an excellent working knowledge and understanding of contractual requirements, business systems and processes will be of great value.
Education, Skills & Experience Sought:
- A Bachelor's degree in the fields of engineering, supply chain, or business is preferred
- 5 years+ of progressive experience in the field of manufacturing or engineering is essential (Aerospace preferred)
- Good negotiation skills, combined with knowledge of procurement and contractual law
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and formal presentation)
- Ability to prioritise and deal with a variety of tasks at any one time, sometimes working under pressure and to deadlines
- An engineering or technical background is preferable, along with Project/Program Management experience
- A Certification in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Program Management or a Master's Degree in Business or Engineering is desirable
In return, you will receive:
- Excellent career opportunities within a progressive firm with a fantastic internal culture
- Basic salary of £33,700
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
- Strong contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance of 8x salary
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Employee share option
- Profit share
Hours of work: 37 per week, Monday - Friday
Please note: Regular business travel will be required to visit suppliers within the designated region. Occasional travel may be required to visit sites outside of the designated region. Travel is anticipated to be greater than 50%