Are you an experienced, dynamic Team Leader with a background within a busy Logistics Operation, looking for an opportunity to join a business that strives to deliver excellence and offers scope for further career progression ?
Do you have experience within a heavily based FLT operation, ideally having worked within a Just In Time environment ?
- Organising and managing the team, allocating tasks appropriately to ensure the daily targets are achieved.
- Ensuring all briefings,tool box talks,shift handover & other communications are carried out in a effective manner.
- Ensuring all required documentation, paperwork & processes are completed and actioned accordingly.
- Review previous shift's handover, ensuring all required issues are actioned in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure all areas of decant operation are completed in a timely manner, to process.
- Ensuring early/late freight and specials are actioned as per process.
- Managing the dock 'Trailer Control System' to ensure that trailers are devanned in accordance to schedule
- Battery bay operation and management.
- In accordance with procedures, liaise with Group Leader regarding staffing or overtime requirements, etc
- As required, obtain and present performance data and as necessary produce operational or performance reports, including accident \ incidents and non-standard activities
- Identifying Kaizen initiatives, continuous improvement, members process audits and training requirements including coaching and guiding team members.
- Implementing appropriate HR procedures to ensure consistent and timely management of employee relations issues, such as absence\return to work interviews, disciplinary, grievances, etc
- Responsible for ensuring all Health & Safety and other company processes and procedures are adhered to and implemented as necessary, raising any failures or non-conformances to line manager as appropriate
Shift Pattern, Fortnightly Rotation - 7am to 4pm and 8pm to 5am,
Overtime - Paid at Time and Half and Double Time, PLEASE NOTE :- There is a contracted requirement for overtime with this role
Gap Professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future