Are you an experienced Warehouse Team Leader, with a proven track record of delivering success within a fast paced, multi skilled environment ?
Would you like to join a successful Supply Chain warehousing operation, delivering industry leading solutions to some of the worlds biggest brands ?
The successful applicant will enjoy working in a challenging environment, and be able to manage a number of tasks at any one time. Dedicated to leading by example, motivating a team to successfully deliver against daily targets and objectives for the department, communicating clearly work instructions to colleagues.
Job Title: Team Leader
Shift: Permanent Nights
Job Purpose: Responsibile for the day to day running of a department, to ensure all activities are completed within set, agreed timescales.
- Day to day management of staff and activities within the department. Co-ordinate all activities.
- Plan workload and issue instructions to team.
- Plan labour verses activity on a daily basis; and liaise with Section Manger where appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate and re- asses progress in order to achieve daily output targets.
- Deals with day to day queries and escalates if unable to resolve.
- Motivate staff to achieve targets.
- Ensures work procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
- Maintains a good standard of housekeeping within the department.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are observed at all times, to maintain a safe and legal working environment.
- Update manager on daily progress or challenges within the department.
- Undertake other duties as required in order to support the business in achieving excellence for all customers.
- All aspects of people management, issuing instructions, team briefs, return to work, coaching, training, monitoring performance and completion of relevant documentation.
- Able to motivate and lead others.
- Understand the importance of achieving targets and deadlines.
- Consistent approach to management of staff and operations within agreed guidelines.
- Understanding of basic Health and Safety management.
- Competent WMS and PC skills.
- Common sense approach with an aptitude for detail.
Closing date is 14th February 2021
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.