gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Warehouse Night Shift Team Manager
Location: Castle Cary
Hours of work: Shifts available - 20:30-04:00 or 18:00-02:30
- Plan the training of staff, and monitor their performance and progress. Continually review and provide regular feedback
- Use space and MHE efficiently ensuring workplace health and safety requirements are met, investigate thoroughly any incidents/accidents and escalate any issues that require it
- Manage productivity within your area of control - responsible for any department specific requirements (eg - any relevant sign offs for each department; loading sheets)
- Responsible for your area ensuring KPI targets are achieved
- Plan the layout of goods in within the warehouse and organise equipment availability
- Ensure all team members are compliant with the processes involved within the WMS. Any change requirements are implemented in line with the change control process
- Maintain, monitor and act where appropriate to ensure a safe working environment for colleagues, visitors and contractors on site. Where appropriate, escalate any health and safety issues to the Shift Manager and H&S Manager
- Ensure all staff are trained in relevant SOPs for their work area. Liaise with the regulatory department to any provide recommendations for amendments
- Ensure compliance be adhering to the CAPA and deviation process
- Provide RCA for an issues that may arise.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of changes and new initiatives as appropriate
- Highlight any risks and issues that may impact service delivery and work with the Operational team to mitigate these.
- Conducts team briefings and deployments to update staff on best practices and expectations
- Manage an AMS tool to enable effective shift planning
- Drive Accuracy, Delivery on time and fulfilment by managing your area.
- Work collaboratively with the Castle Cary site to ensure customer satisfaction
· Implement, and evolve KPI's to the ever changing requirements of the business
- Work with the external recruitment agencies to ensure labour requirements are in line with company expectations
- Carry out any other reasonable management requests from your line manager
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- A background in operations/warehouse distribution and an understanding of good process control systems is desirable.
- Supply Chain & Operations experience in a high SKU count environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and influencing skills
- Systems and Data orientated, with experience of SAP and Knapp WMS an advantage
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel/Access, etc.
- Previous experience managing a large diverse workforce is desirable.
Closing date is 29th August 2020
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future